Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspirational Fall



After almost 12 years living in American soil, I am still allured by the beauty of Fall colors and at same time perplexed that this season they are almost gone.
Digging my trunk , I've found two "vintage" pieces made years ago when I was taking chances on my first wire wrapping loops - they weren't so great but I was pleased with the color palette that  inspired me. The absence of red on both pieces made me wonder what I was thinking.
One piece was knotted using # 2 carded silk because the multi-colored tourmalines were sized from 2.5 to 3mm. Both designs feature nice colored gemstones that were probably mined in the beautiful and tropical Brazil (my Brasil).

Lots of citrine, peridot, smokey quartz, lemon quartz, lemon citrine and gold rutilated quartz. Metals are vermeil, gold plated and even brass plated...all mixed together.





above, an  early wire wrapped work - peridot, smoke quartz briolettes, Brazilian gold rutilated quartz triangle drops, lemon quartz soccer ball cut rondelles, peridot and tiger-eye beads.



second piece was knotted using Beadalon knotter tool and brown carded silk #2 - in the mix: citrine, lemon quartz and peridot briolettes, multi colored tourmaline beads and lemon quartz fancy bead.



laying both pieces together for a luscious and not so demure look.

All photos and designs by Fernando Dasilva  © 2010.