Friday, October 8, 2010

Creating with Swarovski Elements

After been in Rhode Island  at the Swarovski North America headquarters for a meeting and training with some of fellow Ambassadors, I brought home with me many beautiful Swarovski Elements  and few of them were used on this design. I created this set of necklace and earrings - that not necessarily needs to be worn together - made with cosmic circle stone on a new ceramic color and a fabulous flat stone butterfly. I used a gun metal filigree leaf pendant as the focal point but lots is happening before it gets to the center of the necklace. First, I strung Indian Red and Indian Pink bicones (Article 5328) onto silver plated ear hoops by Beadalon to create beaded circles, and then I cover a section of a cosmic ceramic circle stone with cotton crystal copper yarn. Cosmic ceramic pendants were added to bring more of that same shade and texture to the design.
The connections were made using brass grey oval links and a finished off with an off-white frosted chain by John Bead Corporation - one of the largest jewelry suppliers from Canada.
To add a different element I've decided to create two separate strands of beads knotted on #8 copper carded silk and weave it through the links once they were together.

Enjoy it!





Jewelry set designed by Fernando Dasilva made with Swarovski Elements © 2010.
 All rights reserved.