Monday, February 22, 2010

MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEKMercedez-Benz




I was invited 2 go 2 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York to see the latest collection of a Brazilian designer. I got sick last week but I decided to take several drugs to accelerate my recover  because I wanted to get at least better enough to drive to Manhattan...and I did. I was really happy that I got to go because I've learned that this was the last season that the fashion week happens at the tents in Bryan Park ( by the way, one of my favorite spots in Manhattan). Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week will start next September at the Lincoln Center complex. Another favorite spot in Manhattan....very chic and definitely an artsy atmosphere.

Below is the invitation that as matter of fact I loved it! Yes, I am showing you everything because for me was a big deal...I always wanted to see the runway shows.




The invitation was for the fabulous, unique, trendsetter, visionary Alexandre Herchcovitch show. I followed the beginning of Herchcovitch career in the middle of the 90's in Brazil and at the time he was the only Brazilian designer who de constructed fashion in Brazil. "Hercho" thinks outside the box and he is more than a designer, more than a talented man who can make clothes to cover people's body. He goes beyond design.
He brought invention, creativity, new resources and technology for the Brazilian fashion. There is always  a very well studied concept behind each of his collections and he never was a slave of Brazil and its tropical stereotypes. 
I like his ability to envision upcoming trends and his ability to translate his vision into clothes. 

More to come...